If you are new to TeamSpeak and would like to setup your own TeamSpeak 3 non-commercial server you have two options:
1) Setting up your own TeamSpeak 3 server
2) Renting your own TeamSpeak 3 server
There are certain advantages to each which you should consider before deciding on what option suits your situation better.
Advantages of setting up your own TS3 server:
- No cost solution, 100% FREE to non-profit entities.
- Native license comes with 1 virtual TS3 server and 32 slots.
- Total control of hardware and bandwidth where the TS3 server will reside.
- Can turn on/off TS3 server at will.
- We offer tutorials on our website to assist individuals to setup their own TS3 server.
If you decide this is the right solution for you, please follow this link for step-by-step instructions on how to set up your own TS3 server:
Advantages of renting your own TS3 server:
- Convenient, caters to non-tech savvy users who don't know or don't want to manually set up, configure, and maintain their own TS3 server.
- Don't need to have your computer running the TS3 server at all times for others to be able to connect. When you rent a server, other users have connectivity to the TS3 server 24/7, whether you are connected or not.
- Great alternative to growing clans/guilds, when the home internet connection is no longer capable of handling the bandwidth usage, especially the upload, which is fairly low for most internet connections.
- You can exceed the 512 slot limit of the NPL. Excellent alternative for large clans/guilds.
- There are over 400 Authorized TeamSpeak Host Providers worldwide. You have several to choose from, so you can find the one with the right package and pricing for your needs.
- Can have a TS3 server up and running within a business day and a lot of the times within an hour, depending on the ATHP.
- Low cost, with a very affordable average price of about 20 – 30 cents per user, per month (prices vary among the different ATHPs).
If you decide this is the right solution for you, please follow this link for step-by-step instructions on how to rent your own TS3 server: